The current lockdown due to the covid-19 threat has forced everyone of us out of our comfort zones into planning , leading , organising and controlling the outcome we desire
My name is Coenie and I am the Owner of C4 Recruitment , Jobs2day SA and Managing Director of SMART Turnkey Solutions
Being at the forefront of recruitment and HR services for almost 20 years , I have been faced with various challenges but nothing compared to what we are going through during these tough times.
One thing I can for sure say , more than ever we as leaders need to step forward and take control
Our business , staff and future depends on what we conclude within the next 3 months As we are all aware the Covid-19 or better known as the Carona Virus has affected each and everyone one us in some form or another no matter what industry you are engaged in
The coronavirus pandemic outbreak has completely changed the way we live and work. Offices are closed and we are all working from home - remotely.
HR professionals and recruiters who want to survive this crisis have to adapt - and they have to do it quickly! However, navigating this crisis will require a different mindset and reframing challenges into opportunities.
It will also require flexibility and a lot of “out of the box” thinking. Negotiating a way forward into uncharted territory !
I’ve consulted with many HR professionals and business owners and there seems to be a consensus on the following factors that have played a challenging role during this time.
Recruitment has all been
placed on hold with many pending offers withdrawn until further
notice HR are having to perform - Weekly payroll , Quarterly bonuses ,
The Calculation of Retrenchment packages and Processing of Monthly
Salaries and the signing of documentation by means of digital signatures
, all having to take place remotely.
Navigation around this has been met with daily 8am meetings Skype / Zoom by managers allowing a face to face engagement with all departmental staff. Companies have setup many of their employees remotely enabling them to perform their duties with as little interference as possible where possible
Automation has become one of the priorities moving forward during this time.
Post Covid-19 many companies will be forced to reduce costs while increasing productivity, this will take various forms:-
- Travel costs can be reduced by conducting more virtual meetings
- Increasing productivity would require employers to empower their staff by means of additional training
- Reduction in office space whereby sales representatives can operate off site from home
- Streamlining / Restructuring will most likely take place and employers will be looking for out the box thinkers , people who can adapt to change and willing to multi-task
- The automotive manufacturing sector can vary pending on the demand from vehicle manufacturers which will have a ripple effect which will directly affect the automotive component manufacturers - projects may have to be re-evaluated post Covid-19 , which will directly affect blue collar workers
- HR and Business owners are utilising this time by Re-evaluating company policy and procedures Focusing on updating various HR polices which would include renegotiating of various Service Level Agreements
Here are 10 important points to consider when bouncing back from the pandemic.
1. Accept failure happened and learn from it.
2. Change your business model not your business industry.
3. Prioritise the tasks that lead to positive change
4. Have a mentor or coach to direct the makeover
5. The real value is outside your comfort zone.
6. Grow with small incremental steps.
7. Remove negative forces.
8. Keep an eye on the finances.
9. Align yourself with people who believe in your vision.
10.Follow up and reflect
I’m a firm believe in the power of positivity !
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” “Let your unique awesomeness and positive energy inspire confidence in others.” “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” “If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining.”A little positivity can go a long way!